Why we find sodium tripolyphosphate in some meat products ?
Sodium tripolyphosphate (stpp) is mostly used in washing powder in some countries.but why we always find it in some meat product ?
Usually.there are stpp industry grade and food grade.it could be used as quality improver for can, juice drinks, dairy products, soybean milk, etc., in the food industry mainly for canned ham tender, canned beans to soften the bean peel, also can be used as softener and thickener.
The role of stpp in ham sausage:
The ham sausage is a kind of meat food popular among consumers. It is mainly made of livestock and poultry meat. It is characterized by delicate meat, easy to carry, easy to eat and long shelf life.
Use of stpp:
1. Stpp makes the meat products have good rolling performance and is easy to process.
2. Stpp effectively reduces weight loss and nutrient loss during processing and cooking, and keeps the meat tender.
3. Stpp maintains the natural gravy and natural color of the meat products.
4. Stpp makes the ham product have excellent slicing performance, and no debris is generated during the slicing process.
Precautions for the use of stpp:
1. Store in a closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible materials.
2. The amount used in the ham is 1.0g/kg.